NATURALSOPHY is a waterless natural cosmetic that is also certified organic. As you already know, we deliberately do not use water (aqua) as a filler, but instead use organic aloe vera juice. But did you know that apart from organic aloe vera juice, we also use other active ingredients that we call "Hidden Power Ingredients"? Today we explain to you why the hidden power ingredients are so important for your daily skin routine and what benefits these fuels have to make your skin even more youthful and to increase its effectiveness.
Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin and plays an important role in moisture retention. In natural cosmetics, it is often derived from plant sources and used to hydrate and maintain skin elasticity. We have increased this in the Organic Beauty Cream so that it has an even stronger and longer moisture-binding and donating effect with aloe vera juice.
- Aloe Vera: Derived from the leaves of the aloe plant, aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It moisturizes, soothes irritated skin and promotes healing of minor cuts and burns.
- Antioxidants: Organic Beauty Cream is packed with antioxidants such as C and E. Antioxidants have a calming effect on the skin. It can help protect the skin from harmful environmental influences and reduce signs of aging.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is extracted from the nuts of the shea tree and is rich in vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants. It has an intense moisturizing effect and helps to soothe and nourish dry and rough skin.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of the argan fruit and is rich in vitamin E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. It has moisturizing and regenerating properties and can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What about synergy effects between the hidden power ingredients? When certain ingredients are combined, they can reinforce each other and enhance their individual benefits.
Vitamin C and Vitamin E: Vitamin C and Vitamin E (both found in Organic Beauty Cream, for example) are both powerful antioxidants. When used in combination, they can regenerate and reinforce each other to neutralize free radicals and protect skin from damage caused by oxidative stress (1).
Hyaluronic acid and aloe vera (e.g. both contained in Organic Beauty Cream): Hyaluronic acid and aloe vera juice both have moisturizing and moisture-binding properties, but they also have a positive effect on the skin in other ways. Hyaluronic acid binds moisture, while aloe vera provides moisture. Together they can moisturize the skin while minimizing the appearance of pores and increasing skin elasticity.
Aloe Vera and Calendula Extract: Aloe Vera Gel has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, while Calendula (Calendula Extract) has soothing and healing properties. It can help with irritated skin, inflammation and minor skin injuries. Together they can soothe skin, moisturize and reduce the appearance of redness and irritation. These are contained in our Organic Baby Cream, as well as in the Organic Wonder Oil, which as a combination is used very well for babies or for us when we have dry skin on our bodies. (Especially great for sunburn - tested and confirmed by us (unintentionally))
These combinations of ingredients can be found in natural cosmetic products to maximize skin benefits. It is important to pay attention to the specific ingredients and their concentrations in the products to ensure they are present in sufficient quantity to achieve the desired synergistic effects.
It is important to note that the effectiveness of these ingredients depends on the quality of the natural cosmetics used. Even if it says "with aloe vera" on the packaging, it does not mean that it contains high-quality aloe vera juice. The concentration, purity and origin of the ingredients can make a big difference. It is advisable to check the list of ingredients carefully, for example according to the order of the INCI list and, if necessary, to look for reviews and experiences from other consumers. We have collected some feedback from midwives, moms, as well as customers in several blog posts that you could easily find under "NEWS".
- Podda M, Grundmann-Kollmann M. Low molecular weight antioxidants and their role in skin aging. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001May;26(3):253-7. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2230.2001.00806.x. PMID: 11359348.